This month, Urban Sketchers Philippines will do some relaxing night sketching at the Ayala Triangle Gardens in Makati City. We will start the session at 5pm sharp with a short meeting and a lecture on techniques.
MEETING PLACE: Caramia Gelateria, beside Amici
Please be there by 5pm so that we can begin the meeting-lecture right away while there's still some natural light. :)
***The works that will be produced on November 22 may be chosen as part of the Urban Sketchers Philippines exhibit in January.***
Let's catch (and sketch) the Lights and Sound show too! The show happens every 30 minutes starting 6pm.
We'll regroup at 8pm for show & tell, then have dinner together so we can discuss our plans for the next three months in detail.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Loose leaf acid-free drawing paper/board, maximum size 8.5"x11" (short bond size). Spring-bound sketchbooks are also okay, because the sheets can be torn off.
- Your choice of materials, but keep in mind we will be sketching at night, so lots of lights and shadows. :)
- A small flashlight/headlamp/LED light with a clip that can be attached to your sketchbook/pad/drawing board and allow you to see what you're doing.
- Foldable seat/ a piece from an old tarp /something you can sit on.
- Water and food to munch on while you're sketching (we'll be having dinner late).
We have a lot in store for Urban Sketchers in Philippines in the coming months, so we hope you can attend our November sketchwalk and dinner meeting!
Our agenda for the meeting:
- December Sketchwalk
- Urban Sketchers Philippines exhibit preparations (November to December)
- New Year Party / Exhibit opening (January)
- January Sketchwalk & Sketching Basics Workshop
- January (ad hoc) sketchwalk: Papal Visit
See you on November 22! Click on our event page to join: November Night Sketching. Come and sketch with us--it's free, and you don't have to be an art major!